9. So who am I to write about WHM visa?

I am not a consultant or an official, I'm an ordinary applicant, just like you. I talk from experience, to be frank. I spent a lot of time on researching about this visa, so I thought I will share my thoughts with aspiring WHM applicants.

Since I already had a good, well-paying job in my home town, this step was taken after months of thinking and planning...which is what you should do, too. I spent 2 months (May and June) scourging the internet researching about this visa, one more month (July) researching places in UK to prepare the holiday plan, and one more month (August) to prepare the financial/application documents. Only then did I apply last month.

My application is still under process and looking at the current economy crisis in UK, I am very doubtful of a positive outcome... I am based in India, and here, no one knows how long it will take to issue the visa. Some say 15 working days, some say 12 weeks, some even say 1 year (I know several who got their interview call 10 months after they applied!)... so I have not banked much hope on this, which is good for my sanity. But if I don't get my visa, it won't be bcos I didn't prepare my documents properly, at least I will not be sad because I have done everything I could.

So people, I request you to thoroughly read all forums on the internet, take time to talk to a few consultants abt this visa, think clearly if you want to spend a year in UK as holidaymaker bcos the job scene in UK is very difficult now… this is not a visa to apply in hurry, it’s a life-changing decision, lots of factors go into it, so please don’t do this in haste…

And please don’t consider the WHM as an easy way to get into UK, it is definitely not.. and that attitude somehow shows in your documents, and it’s very easy for a seasoned visa officer to find it out… it's not me who's saying this, I heard the comment straight from a visa officer, while watching an interview that was aired some time ago on an Indian channel...

So after careful consideration… if you still want to apply, then you can confidently go ahead and do it with peace of mind… :). I really hope that this blog helped you in clarifying some doubts about the WHM visa. ALL THE BEST!