8. How to write a detailed holiday plan

1. Start your research soon
Go online (see links below) or buy a guidebook on UK. Soak up all the information. I recommend talking to a few friends of yours who have been in UK. Or make a few pals on the net who are living in UK. Get to learn about the country, what makes it so special, what are the most important attractions.

2. Learn specific details about UK and it's attractions.
This will help you if you are called for an interview and the officer asks you where you want to travel. If the interviewer asks you where is Big Ben, don't say it is London - any child knows that. What you should say is that Big Ben is located in the clock tower of the Palace of Westminster.

And, if the officer says, isn't Big Ben located in the House of Parliament, you should say, yes that's true too, because the Palace of Westminster is also known as the Houses of Parliament

3. Include as many details as possible in your holiday plan.
It should be min. 2 pages and max. 4 pages. If it is well-detailed out, it will show that you have done your research.

4. Spread out your plan by months/trimesters
If you want to stay in UK for the whole 2 years, separate the years by semesters or trimesters. Indicate what you are going to do, where you are going to stay in each semester/trimester.

5. What to put in your holiday plan?
No, I am not going to upload my holiday plan here, because that would be like giving away everything on a plate to you - I should leave some work to be done by you! But I WILL tell you what I included in my holiday plan:

a. I plan to stay only one year, so I separated it as four trimesters, one spent in each country of Great Britian.

b. I specified which area of UK I will live and why I chose that place in that time of the year. E.g.: I put Scotland in July-Aug-Sept, because I know that Edinburgh Book Festival happens at that time. As I am a writer, it makes sense to include that and it also shows that I am committed enough to plan my travel like that way.

c. In each trimester, I put my budget - how I am going to survive, what kind of job I will take up, whether I will use any money from my bank savings.

d. In every trimester, I gave a list of 10-12 places I will travel in that region. I also specified the top 3 things I wanted to see experience in that region. For e.g.: I mentioned that while I was touring Scotland, I want to experience three things - stay in a Scottish B&B, attend the Edinburgh book festival, ride the lake where Loch Ness was suppesdly sighted.

e. Whenever I mentioned that I will be travelling around, I also specified in which hostel/inn I will stay and what mode of transport I will take, according to my budget. This will prove that I have done my research properly.

Lastly...
As you can see, doing all the above takes time, sincerity, resource and hard work. Contrary to what others say, I don't think you can get away with just writing down the names of a few places in UK in your holiday plan. You really need to research and decide, and you have to genuinely love travelling. Only then it will show in paper.

I spent two months on my research and subsequently, I could submit an intensive holiday plan. You, too, please spend more time in learning about UK and you will find that you have more to write in your holiday plan!


LINKS TO RESEARCH:

The following links will give you a good idea about UK as a traveller's paradise: